Effective Date: October 2, 2020
- Changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to prospectively change this Policy at any time, in our sole discretion. You should periodically review this Policy for changes and you can review the most current Policy at any time at: https://generationfarms.com/privacy-policy/. Your use of the Site after the Effective Date of the updated version of this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the updated Policy.
- Applicability of this Policy. This Policy covers our treatment of information that is gathered by the Site, including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, or email address. This Policy does not apply to information collected by third party Linked Sites, including third party websites, services, or applications. Generation Farms and its Personnel and Affiliates have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for third party collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this Policy. Please review the privacy policies of any Linked Sites you may access.
- Information Collection.
- Customer Service Requests or Communications Submitted by You. The Site may provide functionality which allows you to voluntarily submit questions, comments, or other information to us. Communicating with us may require that you share personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, your name and email address. Any personal communications that you or a third party voluntarily submits to us in any format, including by email, postal mail, online form, or any other method of communication, may be collected and saved indefinitely in a profile specific to you.
- Automatically Collected Information (Non-Personally Identifiable Information). Similar to other websites, we may collect some non-personally identifiable information automatically and store it in log files. We may use Google Analytics or other third-party analytics providers to collect this information about the Site. This collection may include, but is not limited to: your browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. We collect this non-identifying information in order to better understand our customer base, to more efficiently operate our business, to promote our products or services, and to improve the quality of the Site. We do not link analytics information with any of your personally identifiable information. We may automatically collect information using various mechanisms, including but not limited to:
Pixels (aka web beacons/web bugs/java script). Pixels are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive, pixels are small graphics that are about the size of the period at the end of the sentence that are embedded invisibly on web pages or in HTML-based emails. Our third-party analytics providers may place pixels on the Site that track the other websites you visit (both before and after visiting the Site). Our third-party analytics providers may use information obtained from pixels to help us improve our business and the Site. We do not control the use of pixels by third parties.
- Information Use.
- General. We may use your personally identifiable information to operate, manage and administer the Site; to provide you with support and a more personalized experience; to respond to requests and inquiries; to help you locate our products; to communicate with you; to monitor Site usage; to improve the Site and to develop and test new websites or applications; to provide you with information about products and services (including products and services of third parties); to resolve disputes; to detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; to assist law enforcement; to enforce this Policy and the Terms; or for any other purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- Communications. We may use your personally identifiable information to send you emails or other communications in response to your inquiries or requests. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements, and to improve our business and the Site. We may also combine non-personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected from other sources.
- Information Retention. We will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed. If you terminate your use of the Site, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from you or third parties and we may continue to use and disclose your information in accordance with this Policy. Generation Farms does not undertake any retention obligations through this statement.
- Information Disclosure.
- Affiliated Entities and Service Providers. We may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers to help us operate the Site, improve our business or the Site, and to provide services to us. These third parties may include customer service providers, business or sales service providers, or providers that supply support for the Site. Use of information by affiliated entities and organizations will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy.
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your information (i) as required by any applicable law or legal regulation; (ii) if we believe disclosure is needed to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to government regulators or law enforcement authorities in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Site; and (iv) to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Insolvency and Business Transactions. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose the information we have collected from you to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of the information we collect will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, a third party may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users of the Site may abuse or misuse your personally identifiable information. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
- Information Security Measures. We exercise care in facilitating the transmission of information between your device or computer and the third-party servers that operate and store information for the Site. The personally identifiable information we collect is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- Children’s Privacy.
- This Site is not Intended for use by Children. The Site is a general audience site and not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16; nor will we send any email correspondence to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 16, we will remove that information immediately and delete it from our servers. Children under the age of 16 should always ask their parents or guardians before providing their information online. If you believe information from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to the Site, please notify us at: Legal@GenerationFarms.com.
- California Minors. If you are a California resident under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available information that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: Legal@GenerationFarms.com. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information is located, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any information that: (i) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (ii) the information was not posted by you; (iii) we anonymize the information so that you cannot be identified; (iv) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (v) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the information. REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION FROM THE SITE DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the information; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
- California Shine the Light Law.California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personally identifiable information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personally identifiable information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may do so by contacting us at: Legal@GenerationFarms.com.
- Data We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
- Accessing, Updating, or Deleting your Personally Identifiable Information. If your information changes, please contact us at: Webmaster@GenerationFarms.com. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical.
- Privacy Questions.If you have questions or comments regarding this Policy, please contact us at: Legal@GenerationFarms.com.