14 Oct Sales Associate & Procurement Agent – Garlic
Position Title: Sales Associate & Procurement Agent – Garlic Status: Full- Time
Reports To: Sales Director
An Optimum Agriculture FL LLC Sales Associate & Procurement Agent is responsible for sales and customer/supplier commitments for all production seasons throughout Florida, Georgia and Michigan as well as achieving sales goals and performance metrics for assigned sales accounts, territories, or indirect sales channels including new business development. The Sales Associate & Procurement Agent reports directly to the Sales Director at the Generation Farms facilities. The hours are Monday through Friday and include occasional weekend work.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible to acquire, learn and practice all safe operating procedures and comply with these standards as well as all safety regulations and job functions at all times.
- Develop and execute short and long-term strategies for the assigned geography and commodity that aligns the business strategies and objectives of Generation Farms to ensure company sales revenue and profitability targets are achieved.
- Work closely with Generation Farms Sales Director Management to ensure successful execution of marketing plans and other strategic initiatives in collaboration with company direction.
- Provide accurate, updated field sales forecast for assigned geography.
- Strengthen customer’s trust.
- Plan and organize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business goals.
- Plan and develop a dealer/distributor network in specified geography according to agreed market development strategy.
- Manage your schedule appointments and follow-ups with limited supervision.
- Locate and develop test plot locations as it relates to the research & development program.
- Manage and collect accounts receivable as required to keep receivables current.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Agriculture related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in sales or marketing in Agriculture related area.
- Well-rounded knowledge of agricultural industry, including knowledge of products and maximizing yield.
- Proficient use of computer programs to include Excel, Work, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong sales ability.
- Highly skilled at business/enterprise analysis.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Deep knowledge of local agricultural crops and market practices.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at managing multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills and project planning.
- Excellent communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employees is required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop twits, lift, reach , push, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during the course of employment. The Employee is regularly required to walk 30% of the time, stand 30% of the time and sit 40% of the time. The employee will occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs. The Employee may use computer, phone, copier and other office equipment in the course of a day. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee may be required to travel for business purposes.
Earnings Contingent upon experience.